Relationship Skills 104: How to Set and Respect Boundaries
Tue, Aug 23 from 6pm - 7:30pm (Pacific)
Ever had someone do something to you and think, “That’s not okay! Why did they do that?” Ever want to do something with someone else and wonder, “Is it even okay?”
Both of these examples highlight the usefulness of setting boundaries. Setting healthy boundaries is a skill. The more we learn and practice, the better we get at it.
We also need to be able to pay attention, understand, and respect the boundaries of others while they do the same for us. It’s not always easy to do. Our desires, thoughts, feelings, and bodies sometimes get in the way. This workshop goes into detail about the makeup of a good boundary, how to communicate it in a clear and explicit way, and how to truly respect the boundaries of others - essential skills for building and maintaining fulfilling relationships.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.