Hishi Chest Harness
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 from 7pm - 9pm
This class will teach the prerequisites for the Gateway to Suspension class on January 28th [tickets available here!]. The material is suitable for tops who have 6+ months of tying experience and bottoms with experience in rope.
Tops must be able to join rope, be familiar with reverse tension, and tie a square knot, non-collapsing single-column tie, half-hitch, and double-column tie. Tops must also be familiar with nerve safety and their bottom’s physical limitations.
Bottoms must be comfortable in rope, maintain the ability to communicate while tied, and able to monitor their bodies for potential issues.
We will cover:
- A hishi chest harness
- How to use and avoid issues with chest harnesses
- A two-leg hip harness
- How to use and avoid issues with hip harnesses
If we have extra time, we may also cover how to tie a booty basket.
- Three 25-30’ lengths of natural fiber* rope (hemp or jute)
- An emergency cutting tool safe to use near the body, such as EMT shears
*Students may choose to use synthetic rope, but they should be aware that some frictions are designed for natural fiber rope and may not hold as well using synthetic rope.
Other important information:
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Doors will be locked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Water available. Please bring your own cup or bottle.
- Open to all 18+
- Attendance is limited to 10 tying pairs.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, bodies, body types, sexual orientations, relationship orientations, abilities welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships available.
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
Blaming_lilith (she/her) has been tying since 2016 and discovered her love for suspension in 2018. She ties as a creative outlet and a way to socialize with some of her favorite people. Once a month, she co-hosts the Witchy Rope Enthusiasts’ Group (WREG) in Seattle, where she demos simple ties and labs out more creative ideas with wonderfully collaborative bottoms. You can find her on fetlife (blaming_liltih) and instagram (blaminglilith).
Megan (Mz_Magpie on instagram and Fetlife) joined the kink community in 2010. She identifies as a queer woman, switch and nerd. She runs Magpie Kink education (Magpiekink.com) She loves finding new ways to explain complex topics.